What is Active Schools?
Our team of Active Schools Co-ordinators are here to make kids more physically active. Based in schools across the city, we provide opportunities and motivation to help children lead active healthy lifestyles.
Being physically active could mean:
- being active at play time
- riding your bike
- walking to school or the shops
- playing sport;
- dancing with friends
- playing football in the park....and so much more!
Physical activity is for everyone, no matter what your interests are.
Here are some ways in which you can get involved!
- run clubs in schools and the community
- get trained up to deliver activities
- you could be offered lots of opportunities as a coach or volunteer
- you could work with specific groups of young people such as girls, children and young people with additional support needs, or those who are currently inactive.
Find out how you can get involved by contacting your local Active Schools Co-ordinator
We also create pathways in sport, from school into the community, so that young people can stay involved in the activity they enjoy into their adult life.
Active Schools is a joint programme between the City of Edinburgh Council and sportscotland as part of the Scottish Government's Healthier Scotland campaign.
We want to make more children, more active, more often.
Find out more about Active Schools in Edinburgh here.